Wednesday, June 11, 2008

After planning and executing a wedding, I've finally admitted to myself that I am just not good at remember things... or people for that matter. I'll have you know there were many people whom I love that I straight up forgot to send out invites to. I remembered them, then forgot them over and over until it was simply too late. So I have decided that anything that can be done in bulk should be embraced heartily. I'd do a weekly email, but I don't have everyone's email, nor does it make quite the impression as a decorated page... so here we are, you and me at this blog spot - me, exposing myself for the nitwit that I am, and you passing judgment (good or bad or maybe just neutral), and possibly wasting your time reading what may often just be nonsense.

So 5 days into marriage and I've got the living room almost put together, all my personals from my private bridal shower finally stowed away from out in the open, still boxes of gifts strewed about in every which corner, plenty of trash bags ready to go out (since we've not been cooking much [yet] and have just been eating out. But I did paint the deserted entertainment center that we dragged up from the junk pile down the street (which totally turned out hideous so I'll have to try another color tomorrow).

Mahonrri will be home soon, wherewith we will go buy groceries together and hopefully pig out on spaghetti and watch some romantic drama (if i have it my way, because heaven knows I can't do another slapstick comedy for at least a good week or so), and maybe drink the sparkling grape juice Julie gave me which will most likely end up giving us the bubbly-guts.

I relish the small moments of the day... moments that I never thought could be mine because there was never enough time in the day to just sit back. But in marriage I have found simplicity. Last night after soaking in a hot bath reading Jane Eyre (to help sooth the ever so irritating bladder infection that has found me), I got out to find Mo fast asleep on the futon... He seemed to be dreaming - tossing and turning; Where, between tosses I rested my back against him and continued reading. I found utter peace in that moment - my back warmed by his body, yet he roamed another land and I another.

No comments: