Thursday, June 19, 2008

taco salad for dinner followed by left over cake!!!

afternoon y'all...

I finally couldn't take it any longer today and got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed the kitchen floor clean with those Mr. Clean magic erasers - those things are impressive... I intentionally left some areas untouched so I could show Mo later on... it was really disgusting the difference... and to think I was walking on that every day.

I have to say that I love being married. It's funny how when you are single, though you seem to be only obligated to yourself and to your life and it should therefore be simpler, I have actually found that life has become far simpler... that is, for now anyway being married (or is that just naivety talking, being that I am only 2 weeks married?). I am no longer obligated to family or friends- not that I don't love them and like to be there for them, of course, but I feel like I am now living for Mo and myself. I am now making "big kid" decisions each day; I have Better sleeping habits, better eating habits, a cleaner house, a simpler social circle to keep up with (I know, I make it sound like having friends is a total drag - but that is not the what I mean)... all in all, I am feeling freer than ever and far more fulfilled, though very little has taken place to change my state from before June 6th to today... just a ceremony and a license, and of course intimacy. At this point, thus far (hehe) I will have to say that married is better than single.

As for my "life"... have I sacrificed "me"? The answer is a very big NO. I am reading more, I get to decorate, clean (yes, I actually enjoy that), paint, paint furniture, shop for the house, and for food that gives me joy (as well as that which gives me gas). I haven't done much crafting since my things are still packed up, but I can't wait! I also want to post pictures, but I have no batteries for my camera... so here I go, I'm heading out now to get them. So stand by- you will thus see my house.

No comments: