Thursday, July 3, 2008

working girl

I slept in a little today. And it felt great. I plan on looking for a job today - in some gallery would be nice, but I bet every little artist out here in SLC has already taken anything available. Waiters are needed all over the place, but I've never done that kind of work, and would rather not learn now. Of course secretarial work would be an obvious good decision, but it can get so mundane. As disgusting as it may be, I was actually thinking that cleaning homes would be the way to go. If you get into the rich places if could be worth it. I was thinking that I could clean houses within only a 1/2 mile radius, and in an area like this I would have regular work. BUT I would have to do quite a bit of advertising. Maybe I can work for people in my ward or friends of theirs - that would be a lot easier to target. I've NEVER wanted to do something like this before, but I'd much rather work for myself, being active, and doing what I am good at than some corporation or whatnot - my husband already has full benefits for the both of us... why hate life, right?

Anyway... I've got my own house to clean, and errands to run on my bike in the hot sun today (I'm getting a phone!!!!), so off I go.

If you have any suggestions for part time jobs, I'm open to suggestions.

No comments: