Friday, July 25, 2008
I was listening to the radio this morning, and though many times I think the environmentalists are quite over the top and rarely do I enjoy listening to them, this time I, give or take a statement or so, quite enjoyed it and very much agreed. They were talking about time and conserving it. Being aware of what we are doing with our time and finding the most important things in our lives and connecting with time in a way that fulfills us daily. This subject is like my baby - I have a planner and a daily checklist that keeps me constantly aware of my time (some days that's good, while others it's not so good). When I think about it, people are inevitably a product of how they spend their time. What do you do most? How is your day spent? House wives are easily and naturally called "mothers", while ironically, mothers in the work force are often called "working-mothers", someone who paints from the soul every day may be called an artist, while someone who just paints stuff each day is really just a crafter. Days that I spend time doing something with my husband in mind, at the end of the day I feel like a wife, and those days I spend doing things for myself I feel like an independent (not necessarily good or bad). Days that I take time to talk to my neighbors or do something for them I become a neighbor, and not a moment sooner. I am what I do. A relief Society President or Primary teacher is just another someone if they don't do their best and take some TIME to do what is required and needed of them in their callings. So who are you? Heck... who am I? What do I want to be? How do I want to be perceived? Am I balancing my time in order to become what I desire? Part II: Time off work. The U.S. work force is not required to alot their employees any paid time off. They went into great depth on this subject, and it was one that intrigued me greatly, but I wont go into detail about the facts, just my thoughts. "Time" is a value that creates a healthy home. As it is, it is not always possible to give time - but with the help of the workforce it is possible to give that time. Time for better health, more energy, higher spirits, better relationships with friends and FAMILY, well rounding ones self with hobbies and interests, religious devotion, etc. When your husband comes home from work, you want a husband; but, when required to work long strenuous hours often you get a child or a patient to whom you must hastily attend to. When a father is home, a child wants a father... but is often shewed away. Non of which is because the husband/father is bad or mean, but because he is tired. Who wouldn't give up money for love? How about money for memories?.... I could go on. All I am saying is that this world of bigger better faster, more, more, more is driving me crazy. I am beginning to loath money... and, while still being reasonable and smart about it, I would take less money in order to have more richness of life. The workforce of America is sucking us dry. We talk about the divorce rate gaining such velocity and accredit it to woman working or pornography, etc... but I just believe that it is a simple lack of sufficient QUALITY TIME spent with your lover, with your children, and in bettering oneself (work not being that defining element). We are working almost twice as much as people were in the 1950's and 1960's where family values still flourished. Anyway, food for thought.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment